Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco De Mayo.



So...I have to say that I am not a fan of the "anything you want" assignments. It's too broad. And I tend to ramble. So...just a warning. :-)

Yesterday, my roommate and I went down to Detroit to Mexicantown for Cinco De Mayo. It was a great time. We just so happened to miss the parades, but there was still a lot to see. This was the first time I had been down there, but my roommate had been in previous years. There was even a real Mariachi band, which I thought was sweet. I'm not in the least bit Hispanic or Mexican or any of the above, but it's always a good time to celebrate freedom. Plus, the food was fantastic. The Margaritas were strong. It was worth the drive. Oh, and may I add, there is construction on every single freeway into the city of Detroit. Awesome. Nothing like spreading out the work so that there is at least a possibility that people don't have to sit in traffic. But...it's MDOT. Don't expect much.

After we left Mexicantown, we went to an Irish bar (I'm not sure how that made sense on Cinco De Mayo, but we did it anyway), and there was also a live band there. But so was 89X, so it's wasn't really Latin music...exactly.

All in all, I had a good time celebrating Cinco De Mayo.

No comments: